If you have been following this blog, then you know I have been visiting my parents here in Livingston, TX. It is so beautiful here that it literally makes you forget where you are and the time goes by at a normal pace, not flying by. Last night, my wonderful and amazing mother surprised me with a easy strawberry recipe. Of course my mom knows that strawberries are my all time favorite fruit, she bought 6 packages that were on sale. lol
Mom’s know their children best, even if we are 38 years old.
I have been watching her cook since I have been here. You see my mom grew up taking care of her siblings and cooking for the family since she was 12 years old. Cooking is one of her favorite things to do. However, my mom is great a many things. She is one of those super moms that you heard of back in the day.
That is my mom.
For instance, she took care of the house, cooked for a family of five plus our friends and she always made sure to help us feel special at times. As we got older, she cooked our favorite meal for our birthdays and our favorite cakes. Btw, her cakes are AMAZING. They look like out of a magazine. Seriously. Next time she makes one I will post her talent.
Her recipe is an easy strawberry recipe. My father is now a diabetic and he is even able to eat the dessert, so you know its healthy. However, if your a diabetic always make sure its okay to eat a recipe. Just to be on the safe side.
Thing is, it tasted amazing. Seriously.
Think fresh strawberries with delicate simmering juice, topped with cool whip and fresh strawberries. Yummy!
Easy strawberry recipe:
- Rinse strawberries under cool water.
- Remove flower greens on top of strawberries.
- Slice the strawberries thinly.
- Use a small non stick pot to put desired amount of strawberries into.
- Add a small amount of water to strawberries, basically you want enough to make it have a liquid to boil the strawberries into. Maybe three teaspoons of water depending on the amount of strawberries you are making.
- Boil strawberries adding 2 tablespoons of sugar or your sweetener of choice, and two tablespoons of strawberry preserves.
- Let boil for about 15 minutes. It will thicken a little slowly.
- Use a small bowl and put your short cake of your choice into the bowls.
- Carefully spoon strawberry sauce onto cake.
- Use cool whip of your choice to top off your dessert.
- Add fresh strawberries for decoration.
- In the end you will have a beautiful and delicious dessert that is healthy and easy to make.